Re: [NTLK] NPDS and my router

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 09:27:08 EDT

>device that is actually connected to the internet. When it will receive
>request on some ports (namely 80 for http request), it will forward them to
>the IP address you set for that port.

Be aware though that (I forget if you mentioned your provider) some/many
providers block port 80 due to the myriad Windows viruses that exploit bugs
in home Windows servers (I think nimda was the "last straw" for most
providers, but I may be recalling incorrectly).

So even if you are properly routing inbound port 80 connections, if your
provider is blocking it one level up from you you're still out of luck.

You can try setting up on port 8010, that's often let unblocked by
providers, and if memory serves me is also often assigned for web stuff.
Any links would have to have :8010 added to the end, to force the http
request to port 8010 and not default to port 80.