Re: [NTLK] Darned door clips

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 14:04:24 EDT

On 25/10/02 12:40, "Ashley Campbell" <awc2_at_buyclamsonline.com> wrote:

> On Friday, October 25, 2002, at 12:33 PM, Anthony Velasco wrote:
>
>> I have looked into doing small scale production of clips, and offered
>> to do a test run for the list. But, when I polled the list to
>> determine what the demand might be, there were only two (2) list
>> members who were interested in seeing this happen. Project Status:
>> roundfiled. I believe most folks live without the clips, or use
>> something like velcro or chewing gum to keep their door in place.
>
> Yikes! A missing door clip was one of the motivating factors that led
> me to get a backup Newt. Having the door flapping around like that was
> a real PITA. The clips and the interconnect area seem to be the major
> physical weak points in the hardware.

Depending on the price, I could be in for a few ones. On both 2100 I have, I
had to glue back one of the clip. They lost their flexibility and the door
doesn't always stay put.

One thing to remember is that in order to install those clips properly while
minimizing the risk of breaking them during the installation, it might be
necessary to remove the bottom case of the Newton as those clips seem to be
installed from inside the case, not from the outside. Just my personal,
limited observation...

-Laurent.

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic.
Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For
some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common
in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.