Re: [NTLK] Newton keyboard question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 09:21:56 EST

on 30/10/02 09:05, Oliver Leaman at oliverleaman_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> I am thinking of buying a 2000/2001 with a keyboard. My main machine right
> now is the eMate, I've had it ever since they came out and it is my main
> computer, I've knocked off several books on it etc. I find the keyboard fine
> for doing lots of typing. It's a bit heavy to lug around, so I thought a
> Newton would be good for this purpose. But I have never seen the keyboard
> and wonder if it is the same size as the eMate keyboard. On the photographs
> I've seen it looks smaller, and so might not be much use for doing a fair
> amount of typing? This would be the crucial issue for me, I never use the
> writing recognition facility on the eMate, I type everything.
>
> I am very grateful for any advice here. I live in Lexington Kentucky and
> Newtons are pretty thin on the ground here!
>
> Oliver

Can't find my Newton keyboard right now, but looking at my eMate keyboard, I
would say they're pretty much the same size...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way, particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later." 2. n. The resulting code.