Re: [NTLK] Newton Keyboard Question

From: Andrew Thiel (aothiel_at_unity.ncsu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 15:04:06 EST

Don't underestimate how convenient it is to have the keyboard built in. I have had a 2000 for several years, but it was not until I got myself a used eMate that the Newton became my main word-processing platform.

Compare:
eMate: One piece, with a convenient handle
2x00 w/ keyboard: 3 pieces (keyboard, newt, dongle). No handle, the dongle is easy to lose, and a pain to put together and take apart. No handles.

The keyboard is smaller because the button bar (send/receive/dock/find/assist/etc.) is on the screen, so the smaller keyboard size is not really a problem. (Sorry if someone has already said this.)

-Animal (Formerly Andrew, now using my nickname to prevent confusion with the other Andrew(s) on the list)