Re: [NTLK] Copying packages to a card (not moving them)

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 03:32:36 EST

Ashley Campbell <awc2_at_buyclamsonline.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 01:45 PM, Richard Harbottle
wrote:

(*snip*)

> My understanding is that the Newton can't have two packages with the
> same name active at the same time, so there's no way of doing that.
> (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.)

Correct in my somewhat limited experience .....

> Your best bet might be to back the packages up to a flash card and
> restore them on the eMate, or use IR to do the transferring.

I recommend the IR method .... but you should be aware that some
packages resist being transferred in this manner (Paul's ATA Support
comes to mind).

That said, you can back up your main Newton and restore your eMate
using the backup file as a source (I'm using Newtonc Connection
Utilities 1.0. Don't get caught up in the version number confusion!).

Good luck ....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html