[NTLK] Re - German NotePhone in America

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 12:21:02 PDT

> Now I just need to get that pesky password problem solved.
Any suggestion on
> how to get around the password on the NotePhone Newton? I
have requested it
> from the seller, but no response from him so far.

You should be able to get rid of it by doing a hard reset.

1) Slide the power switch to "on" and keep it there
2) Press the reset switch in the battery compartment for
some seconds
3) After you released the reset switch, release the power
switch and
answer "yes" to the "Do you really..." questions.

Frank

-- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de