Re: [NTLK] buying my first Newton

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 23:38:52 PDT

on 9/3/02 4:15 AM, Egan, Tim (Sydney) at timegan_at_kpmg.com.au wrote:

> I'm thinking that it's probably the 130.. which has the has the 2.0 OS. Does
> that mean that it's HWR is as good as that on a 2100? Will the smaller RAM
> size of the 130 frustrate me? Will it be able to get on the 'net etc? (I
> have an Orinoco gold wireless card, and a Netcomm 33.6 PCMCIA modem)

I have used a 120 and 130 for years. When the prices dropped this past
winter, I decided to move up to a 2100, and I can say that Newtoning on this
baby is a totally different experience. If you want your newton mostly for
playing with, then get a 2100. If you want to do wireless, then you must
have a 2x00 series Newton, and a 2000 isn't worth it because of heap. You
really ought to just get a 2100, and forget the rest. That is my opinion,
but I can bet that you won't be disappointed. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland