[NTLK] Current Apple inventory

From: chris smolyk (nessmuk_at_interbaun.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 01:25:53 PDT

Hello to all you good green folk out there. Newbie here from Edmonton,
Canada, where we are witnessing a sudden blossoming of fervent
Newtmania....not the least of which is occurring among employees
in the service dept of one of the biggest Mac shops in our province.
They are mucho interested in wireless/airport, various "war-" activities
and of course, the Newton.
        Upon my request, they conveniently supplied this list
of parts currently available from Apple, and then one of their number
said that perhaps it would be of interest to the whole list....so I hope this
is not too spammy or redundant....

chriss

From Eric, in the Service shop at WestWorld....

chriss
hey, just figured i'd pass this on, I don't have the price guide infront of
me, but these are the parts that can be ordered for a newton mp2000 and
2100s(the 100-130 are considered beyond apples' seven-year parts stock):
Part Number Description
011-0083 Warranty Reimbursement, Facilitation, Per Repair
661-0963 Keyboard
922-0564 Cable, Macintosh Connect
922-0565 Cable, PC Connect
922-2951 Power Adapter, Newton, 9 W
922-2968 Battery Pack (No Longer Available)
922-2969 Stylus, Pkg. of 5
922-2971 Cable, Adapter, Message Pad 2000 / 2100 to DIN-9
922-2972 Case, Carrying, Nylon
922-2973 Adapter Plug, UK
922-2974 Adapter Plug, Europe
922-2975 Adapter Plug, Australia
922-2976 Case, Carrying
922-3306 Cover, Flip
922-3307 Battery Tray, Alkaline
922-3308 Feet

and the emate 300:
Part Number Description
011-0083 Warranty Reimbursement, Facilitation, Per Repair
076-0633 Latch Kit
076-0634 Plugs Kit, Ink Well, Right & Left
076-0635 Plugs Kit, Screw, Bottom Case
076-0636 Key, Dummy, Keyboard
076-0637 Screw Kit
077-0153 Card, PC Diagnostics
661-1193 Display Assembly
661-1194 Case, Top (includes Logic Board)
661-1195 Card, ROM
922-0565 Cable, PC Connect
922-2398 Keyboard
922-2674 Door, Battery, ROM, RAM Access
922-2675 Sleeve, Battery
922-2676 Holder, Name Card
922-2677 Lens, Infrared
922-2678 Handle, Rubber Cushion
922-2679 Feet, Rubber, Pkg. of 4
922-2680 Plug, Screw, Bezel, Pkg. of 4
922-2681 Backlight, Electroluminescent (EL)
922-2682 Stylus
922-2938 Battery, NiMH
922-2939 Bezel, Display
922-2940 Top Cover, Display
922-2941 Case, Bottom Assembly
922-2951 Power Adapter, Newton, 9 W
922-2973 Adapter Plug, UK
922-2974 Adapter Plug, Europe
922-2975 Adapter Plug, Australia
922-3111 Insulator, Display Housing
922-3112 Ground Contact, Display Housing, Pkg. of 5

everything else, unless we've got an old one kicking around (in edmonton,
we don't - i don't know about calgary, van or vic) you gotta do through a
third party.