Re: [NTLK] Newton newbie

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 18:38:56 PDT

On Friday, September 6, 2002, at 03:21 , Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Yes, you can connect your Newton to your TiBook. You need to install the
> "Newton Internet Enabler" version 2.0 that should be on UNNA, in the
> Apple
> or maybe the Internet section. You'll then have to find a compatible
> Ethernet card. Check <http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/> for a list
> of
> cards and their respective drivers. The problem, if you don't have any
> of
> those packages installed, will be to get them in your Newton. If another
> user is in your area, you could ask them to load the required packages
> on a
> flash RAM card that you could then use in your 2000U.
i think I will go for the ethernet solution. the problem will be to
install the packages :-(
can i do it by myself buying a flash ram card and loading the drivers
from the Ti?
I don't have any idea yet of how thw newton works and which peripherals
is possible to use, so sorry for this stupid questions.

> The first generation outputs 7W and the 2nd generation
> outputs 9W, hence the smaller amount of time required for recharging.
> If you
> don't have a Newton rechargeable pack, then it's a moot point.
>
> -Laurent.
> --
The one i am bidding is a 9W, anyway it should be fine for the 2100 just
a bit slower maybe :-)

thanks for the informations.

Michael