Re: [NTLK] Newton newbie

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 05:51:46 PDT

Hi again,
first of all thanks for the information about the power adapter and the
newton/mac connections.

> Yes, you can connect your Newton to your TiBook. You need to install the
> "Newton Internet Enabler" version 2.0 that should be on UNNA, in the
> Apple
> or maybe the Internet section. You'll then have to find a compatible
> Ethernet card. Check <http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/> for a list
> of
> cards and their respective drivers. The problem, if you don't have any
> of
> those packages installed, will be to get them in your Newton. If another
> user is in your area, you could ask them to load the required packages
> on a
> flash RAM card that you could then use in your 2000U.

I checked the links you included in your previous message and found some
useful tutorials, but i still don't know how to install packages and
drivers on the newton without another user helping me.
Could I use the irda? Or what should I buy to do it by myself?
i also have an airport base station and i read that there are wireless
cards compatible with the newton as well. So, instead of the ethrenet,
could i use wireless card to sync the newton with the Tibook?
But still, how can I load drivers to the Newton?

Thanks,
Michael