[NTLK] SCAVENGED -> Found Lucent WAVELan Silver...

From: [bri cors] (bri_at_nerdtech.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 09:39:52 PDT

So, it looks as if the SMC2632W card indeed is not something that is going
to work - at least the v.2 one that I got at CompUSA the other day.

I remembered, however, that I had an old Airport Base Station that was not
functional - and scavenged the card out of it. Lo and behold, when I
insert the card into it, it was recognized. And when I click on the
Card Extra, it recognizes it as well.

So now that I have gotten that far - is there a special thing that I need
to do to be able to print?

I can see an HP 4100 on Appletalk - but when I try to select that and
print to it, it just tells me that it cannot print. Are there some print
drivers that I need to install as well?

Also, where can one find out the IP address that you have been assigned
via DHCP? Is there some panel that displays this info?

Thanks!