Re: [NTLK] Emulation on newt / Newton Programming is a PAIN!

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 11:50:18 PDT

> Thanks everyone for the responses. It helps me gauge what the community
> is looking for:). I want to write an emu to add a large library of games
> to the Newt. (for myself mostly:), so I think for me Palm would be out:).
>
> I do appreciate the input though! It is quite possible that after a time
> I could incorporate more than one emulator into the project. The NES and
> Turbo Grafx 16 essentially have the same CPU, and emulating both
> wouldn't require that much more work once the project is nearly done.
> IMHO the tg16+CD is the Newton of the console world, and would be an
> exciting port for me. Though playing NES games might be more realisitic
> considering the hefty requirements of a turbo emulator.

    Are you using the Marat Fayzullin emulation engine for the GB emu?

    If so, I think the MSX emulator made by Marat would be a great addition
to the list.
    It has lots of good games, (Konami grew with the MSX), and some good
programs.

some Background:

http://fms.komkon.org/fMSX/fMSX.html#LABC

Daniel Padilla