Re: [NTLK] Eudora

From: Mark Bock (markbvt_at_adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 08:06:22 PDT

>I'm trying to set up my Newton for email. This is what I have entered in
>Eudora's prefs:
>
>Email Address: gwayman_at_mac.com
>POP3 Username: gwayman
>POP3 Host: pop3.earthlink.net
>SMTP Host: smtp.earthlink.net
>APOP Authentication box is unchecked
>
>I'm able to send email, but not receive, any suggestions on how to alter
>these settings?

If you have a mac.com email address, then you need to retrieve it
from the mac.com server, not the earthlink server. Try mail.mac.com
as your POP server. If you're dialed up to Earthlink's network, then
you can still use their SMTP server for outgoing mail regardless of
what you're using as your return address.

--mark

--
. . . . .
mark bock