Re: [NTLK] Werid Cursive Writing Problem

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 08:45:23 PDT

À (At) 9:40 -0600 8/09/02, Ferdi Ozguner écrivait (wrote) :
>This is going to sound quite weird. I was giving a demonstration of
>the powerful HW capabilities of my MP2000 to my friend and I
>switched the input method to "cursive" mode as that is what she
>prefers but after recognizing two words it would hang (lightbulb at
>top of screen would come up) on the third word. The only way to get
>out of it is to do a reset with the button at the back of the unit.
>I tried removing both cards from the unit and trying the same thing
>with an effectively fresh newton and same problem.
>
>Does anyone know whats wrong here?

Yes. I'm the guilty one.

This is a bug in alt.rec....
If your Newton learns your handwriting and you are in cursive mode,
under some other obscure circumstances, alt.rec.... will freeze your
Newton after the third (or second) word.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/