[NTLK] Newbie question re linear flash cards

From: Jane Clements (JClements_at_nursing.aust.edu.au)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 02:58:56 PDT

Hi all,

I recently bought a MP130 after wanting a Newton for years but never being able to justify the expense to my partner (interestingly, our TV remote control broke so we now use the Newt as a remote control, which she appreciates - she calls it our $100 remote!).

Anyway, love this list and it's given me a lot of valuable info (I've been lurking for a couple of weeks). I have a question to ask and I apologise up front if it's stupid, but I bought a Pretec 32mb linear flash card from ebay and had it sent out from Mexico to Australia. I put the card in and locked the lock but a message came up saying that the card could not be read and I should should take it out, unlock it and put it back in with the Prefs application open. This I duly did but I got the same message.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the card dead or is it not suitable for a MP130? If anyone can help I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,

Jane