Re: [NTLK] [ANN] WikiWikiNewt

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 04:55:12 PDT

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Josh Burker wrote:

> Victor, what are you running your wiki on? I used to run one in a
> Squeak environment on an old PPC running Mac OS 9.1, set up for middle
> school students to post bug reports for their Cocoa Internet
> Programming for Kids apps. I love wikis, and it's cool to see one
> devoted to Newtons. Now to meld Jim's Newt Wiki with NPDS....

My wiki is running on guelph.unna.org, which is a DEC 3000/300 LX
workstation with a 125Mhz 21064A Alpha CPU, 32MB of RAM, NetBSD 1.4.1, and
a whole lotta SCSI. The software is phpWiki, using MySQL. Took about 5
minutes to set up, which was nice.

It might soon move to my new Linux server box, which is loaded with almost
70G of disk, and plenty more firepower (K6-3/400, 256MB RAM).