Re: [NTLK] [ANN] WikiWikiNewt

From: Trent Tuggle (tuggle_at_acusoft.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 10:02:57 PDT

Here I thought I'd just gauge interest and now we have *two* wikis up? :)

Thanks everyone! I happen to have worked a little with WikiWikiTavi; it
works well, but I'm not sure it's the "world's best" wiki. I don't know
what is though.

My thought was that the Wiki would be an excellent place to put newbie
introductory information, descriptions of software (so those who haven't
tried *everything* on UNNA can find something of interest) and miscellaneous
notes that don't really have a home -- sort of a supplement to the
NewtonTalk list. (Does this make sense?)

WikiWikiTavi allows you to have "subdirectories" in the wiki (links like
Software/TimeReporter) and also "free links" which allow anything including
spaces in the names. (surround the link like ((free links)) . )

What would be nice is if there were a way to upload images for use within
wiki pages (you can insert an image by just inserting the URL) I usually
have a public directory for such things.

Thanks again everyone!
-Trent