Re: [NTLK] Whining 2100 backlight

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 19:27:40 PDT

Yes!
GET AWAY FROM THE NEWT!
Drop it!
Don't touch it!
Better yet, send it to me for proper disposal! It
isn't safe (for potential dangers, see Steel Rat's
taglines on the "Magic Fun Ball")

No...really, the whining is normal. The high frequency
transformer is probably wedged hard against some
reverberating plastic and amplifying the sound.

As for the contrast? Adjust to where you think is
normal, then double-tap on the word "contrast" and
that resets the default center.

You should still send me the Newt to feel safe...you
know, proper disposal and all... ;-)
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://npds.tek-ed.com

--- Miro <miroc_at_attbi.com> wrote:

> I replaced my 2000's mother board today, with 2100's
> motherboard.
> Everything went well except two things:
>
> - screen is darker now. Have to set contrast all the
> way up (left) to
> reach
> normal brightness.
> - backlight works, but gives constant, same freq.
> whining noise when
> turned on. Not very loud. Rather silent, but very
> annoying and
> concerning.
>
> Any ideas, suggestions, explanations, fixes ???
>
> TIA
>
> Best, Miro

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party