Re: [NTLK] Recharging Issue

From: Marco Mailand (m_at_abasurf.ch)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 05:16:35 PDT

> I suppose it's possible to charge 120/130 original batteries inside the
2x00 (after the modification to the battery cage)?
> Just confirming- I can't afford to fry/damage anything.
That is what I'm doing on holidays. I take e.g. 8 NiMH cells and my Newton
and discharge the cells in the digital camera until I have 4 emptied. Then I
put them into the MP2000 and charge them for the next day. The Newton is
thus degraded to a very expensive temperature controlled express charger :-)
Worked really nice in my last US vacation. Back home I've used a comfort
NiMH charger to ensure equal charging state of all cells by cycling them.
There is a small chance that you mix accu cells which are differently
discharged if your device needs only 2 cells but in case of the MP120/130
this is no problem at all.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse
Marco Mailand