Re: [NTLK] Cannot Ethernet... ?!

From: Miro (miroc_at_attbi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 14:50:47 PDT

On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 05:42 PM, Peter Cameron wrote:

> Miro <miroc_at_attbi.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh yes, I get the whole thing:
>
> That means the card works ... unless the internal little cable to
> the X-jack has broken.

"Internal little cable to the X-jack ?!" Hm... There's the card and
there's the dongle which
gets inserted in its spot... Perhaps, something could be wrong with the
dongle ???

> The next question is: What are you connecting it to?

Known-good cat V cable, straight to the Ethernet 10/100 switch.

> I have one of these cards and have found it tends to go to sleep a
> lot. My previous router kept it awake but the current one lets it
> indulge its narcoleptic tendencies.

Believe me, Peter, I'd like to see this one, actually, going to sleep a
lot. But first, I'd
like to see it awake, for a little bit :-)

Thanks again.

Best, Miro