Re: [NTLK] [OT] [att: Mac Gurus (ie Not Ed K)] Mac HD info

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 07:33:10 PDT

on 9/11/02 5:52 PM, Ola Widin (EAB) at ola.widin_at_era.ericsson.se wrote:

> Hmm, didn't they remove that limitation in later versions of Drive Setup
> (MacOS 8 and onwards)? Or was it just I that used a hacked version of Apples
> formatting program?

I think that any version of "Drive Setup" app can format just about
anything. It was the older SC HD setup that didn't. I know that I have a
non-Apple drive (came out of some Unix box) that I was forced to use
Silverlining on back in my 7.6 days, but when I went to 8.1, I was able to
reformat using Drive Setup, and even set it up as an HFS+ disk. It's still
going strong.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland