Re: [NTLK] 130 screen -more info

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 17:47:29 PDT

on 14/09/02 03:44, Paul Vaughan at paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au wrote:

> Laurent,
>
> I've just noticed that when a dialogue box is open,
> then part of the dark lines disappear.
>
> The dialogue box has a rectangle around it, and the
> dark lines disappear on the continuation of the lines
> of the box rectangle.
>
> In other words, I can see a line of clear screen from
> the end of each side of the dialogue to the screen
> edge, about the same thickness as the lines of the
> dialogue box rectangle.
>
> Does this confirm or confound your idea of
> connections?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>

>> I'm not positively sure, but it sounds like bad
>> connections between the
>> motherboard and the screen. You would probably have
>> to open the 130 and
>> remove the screen to clean the contacts.

Hmmmm... I really don't know. Your problem sounds like a bad connection
problem, but I don't know if the symptoms you describe confirms or denies my
guess. You know, with the going prices these days, you could probably find a
perfectly working 130 for maybe $40-50 on eBay...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
"imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work
another company could come along and copy your work and market it under it's
own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple
could not afford to advance the state of the art" -Bill Gates '83