[NTLK] AC Adaptor question

From: Mick Ring (lists_at_rynosoft.com)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 16:51:37 PDT

A few months ago I bought a 2100 from eBay as a backup for my trusty 2000u.
The 2100 came with the AC adaptor and a rechargeable battery pack that won't
hold a charge. This was not a problem when I was using only one Newton at a
time (I have a battery cage from my 2000u). However, now I have a use for
the 2nd Newton as an alarm clock for my wife. I'd like to be able to just
plug it into the AC adaptor, but it appears the adaptor merely causes the
batteries to charge and doesn't provide power to the Newt.

Is this true?

-Mick