Re: [NTLK] Linux on Newton 2100?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 21:27:11 PDT

Right...I can never understand people...
Putting Linux on a Newton is like putting a Yugo
engine in a Porsche. Sure, you can do it, but why? Why
replace the worlds most impressive Object relatioship
palm operating system with something that relys on a
CLI? For some reason, a big "duh" pops up and floats
over my head when ever I read something like this. The
Newton IS the OS...don't replace it, extend it!
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Will Leingang <will.leingang_at_navpress.com> wrote:

> Has anyone entertained the thought of a linux
> package for the Newton?
<big 'ol snip>

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party