[NTLK] inkwell, was Re: Wouldn't it be cool if... There was a way to use y

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 12:51:04 PDT

i had the chance to play with inkwell at work the other day. it's
exactly newton-like, but recognition is faster - this was on only a
icebook g3/500 66mhz bus.

but here's what's missing: it's counterintuitive to "write" on a
surface that gives you no visual feedback on what you've written, and
to instead see it appear on a screen Over There Someplace. so you
write more sloppily and recognition suffers and it's ultimately
unsatisfying.

so until Wacom or whoever comes out with a tablet that shines back at
you with what you're writing, i'll get my Rosetta kicks off my 2100,
and thankyouverymuch.

only alternative solution i can see is if you could superimpose paper
onto the tablet surface, and incorporate a pencil into the
wand/pen/pointer thingie. but that's awkward, too...

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 12:27 PM, John Hawksworth-Lutzow
wrote:

> Wouldn't it be cool if...
> There was a way to use your Newt as a wireless input device for
> inkwell? I
> know there must be a million reasons why it wouldn't work. But I Can
> dream
> can't I?
>
> ---
> This message was sent from John Hawksworth-Lutzow's wireless Newton.
>

> --
> Read the Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

- Peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net

"Clinton made a point of surrounding himself with people who might be
90 percent as intelligent as himself, but never his equal. Bush is
smart enough to know that he couldn't possibly do the same, or the
country would be run by morons."