Re: [NTLK] I Am Canadian

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 06:14:20 PDT

on 9/18/02 8:47 AM, peter brigg at pbrigg_at_uoguelph.ca wrote:

>> NAH it shows
>> Canada
>> Beer
>> Fighting
>>

>> Seems correct to me
>>

> Mr. Lindsay,
>
> If it seems correct to you then you are a part of the problem that
> it is meant to satirize. America's inward looking nature is a world
> problem of major proportions at this moment in history when the American
> Empire is at its height.
>
> pb

Whoa!! Lighten up!! Are you truly unable to understand a little
tongue-in-cheek?? Oooo, so Rich forgot the appropriate emoticon. So sue
him! Geez! The nature of his remark was pretty obvious to the rest of us
(many of whom, as I'm sure you've noticed, are Canadian).

(BTW, *your* remark precisely matches, and therefore fuels, the stereotypes
many here in the States have of foreigners being rude, arrogant,
holier-than-thou snobs.)

- Eric.