Re: [NTLK] Ethernet card with x-jack

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 03:34:22 PDT

>From: Michael Blazer <m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca>
>

>Somebody was looking for a 3Com 3CXE589ET dongle-less ethernet card here
>the other day. I think the poster asked for off-list replies, but I can't
>find the original message, so here's an on-list reply:
>The cards are available (new) for US$15.95 here:
>http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_net_3CXE589ET.html
>I bought one from them a few months ago and everything was smooth.

Great price; Thanks for the post.

  I used to really want an XJack card to use with my Newton but the
dongle cards were so much cheaper in the past, and I realized that
I'd usually carry a short patch cable around with me anyway since
usually I use an empty wall jack rather than pulling a cable off of a
CPU.

But for $15 an XJack card could go into my "sometime it will be
useful" parts drawers
.