Re: [NTLK] MP2100 Buying Advice

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 06:21:22 PDT

>Considering the going prices recently for 2100s, I would say that it's a bit
>high.
>
>-Laurent.

huh? It may be high for those of us who have all the "extras" already, but
price out the pieces, it's a great price if you don't have all the extras
already.

2100 alone in good shape $100-150 (wow, they have come down)
keyboard with case usually $30-40
dongle $10 to $25 or more
Print PAck $10-20
AC charger $20 - 30
33.6 modem $15-30
cell phone cable for the modem $20 to as much as you can spend, depending
on where you look
AA battery adapter $30-50
rechargeable pack $10-20 even dead, let alone working well
32 meg flash card $40-$70 ($70 likely, they haven't been available around
$35 for ages that I know of)
3 travel adapters (international? he means?) $10 to $40 each depending on
what they really are.

and he doesn't have to pay shipping on the newton bits or mess with ebay.

Heck he could likely easily sell any of those parts for the high end of my
estimate on ebay (at least it looks like the stuff on ebay is selling, lots
less bidding than there used to be :) Sure sometimes you can find nice
deals like dongles for $10 from the list here or someone puts stuff on ebay
with a cheap BIN but it's hard to be the first one, everyone pounces.

Seems like a pretty decent bundle to me for the $260. Add an $8 3Com
ethernet card and you're all set.

Brian