Re: [NTLK] Comparison of 2100 & eMate

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 11:17:15 PDT

on 9/23/02 3:28 PM, Brian Braunschweiger at brianbraun_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> I have a Palm IIIxe currently that I use the calendar some on but
> find most valuable for keeping notes handy and an address and phone
> list. The times I need/want it for its compactness are much less than
> when I would be more concerned about functionality.

You would have to decide if you prefer typing to handwriting, and sitting to
do the typing, versus standing and writing. If you don't mind the size and
form factor of the eMate to do what you need, it may fit the bill. However,
if you want to be able to stand or sit anywhere, and write your notes
freehand, you will definitely prefer the 2100. If you get a keyboard and the
proper carrying case, you could theoretically have the eMate's keyboarding
and the 2100's HWR and form factor.

Personally, I think that the extra speed and memory of the 2100 make it the
hands-down winner in any case. I'm very happy with mine (but then again,
I've got 7 years of having my Newtons learn my handwriting and training my
handwriting to the Newton, so it's possible that I forget how difficult it
can be or a first-timer on the Newton.) :-)

Good to see you here ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland