Re: [NTLK] C++ coding for the Newt

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 14:25:10 PDT

>Well .. cross-compiling under QNX is much easier to perform, I'm actually
>cross-compiling from x86 to ARMLE (SA1110) and it's a real pleasure. The
>problem is that they (QNX) do not support older ARM CPU ...

If it is just gcc, this is weird.
eMate and MP1x0 are powered by processors accepting code for ARM v3
architecture (I think), MP2x00's SA110 can understand ARM v4. The key
word here is big endian.

>Hum ... will it be possible (easier) to write NewtonScript code in a set
>of files and have them made into a app, then into a package without using
>NTK ?

Yes. But you need to code it yourself.
However, I think you can use NewtDevEnv to build packages directly on
the Newton. There might be some way to import native functions.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/