[NTLK] NCU & NBU Don't

From: Andrew Shlapak (divise_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 16:07:48 PDT

Good day!

I've been a Newton user for some time - started with the original and
went to the 2000. However, I've not been able to do a back-up using NCU
1.0 & NBU 1.0 on an 840av w/ Mac OS 8.1. I'm using the serial
connection. Trying to back-up causes the Mac OS to hang or to simply
disconnect.

Also, I have several generic icons with ".pkg" (which are supposed to
be Newton packages) on the Mac. These files are unrecognizable by the
system.

I have recently renewed my interest in using the Newton due to the
availability of WiFi. I have a Lucent Silver card "in the mail". But
the continued back-up process breaking is again pushing the Newton into
the neat technology, but not very useful category.

I am glad to have located this list and would appreciate any advice,
help and/or suggestions concerning the back-up process.

Thank you,

Regards,

Andrew Shlapak