[NTLK] New Member

From: ZUMWALT, DANNY P (SWBT) (dz1317_at_sbc.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 01:56:19 PDT

Hey List,

I just can't wait to get my new-to-me Newton 2100 upgrade! I just bought it
from a guy of the misc newsgroups and only paid $90 for the newton, new
ethernet card, modem, 4mb flash card and pc cable. From what I've seen on
ebay, it sounds like a good deal.

Can I hook up headphones to this thing? I've read something about the audio
dongle or something like that, but I don't think it will come with one. I
have a 64MB compact flash card and am getting a cf-pcmcia adapter to use
with the beta ata driver and hopefully I can put a few mp3s on it and use it
as a music player.

One thing I am very interested in is reading about streaming shoutcast
streams and such on the newton and playing through the speaker or through
headphones or something. AND.. the ability to do this with a WiFi card
installed. -but here at work, I could easily plug in to ethernet and browse
to the shoutcast site and start streaming.. is this feasible??? I read
someone did it.. Sounds awesome!

If any of you can help me get started in this newton adventure, i would
really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Danny Zumwalt
spankin' new newton owner!