Re: [NTLK] Quoting (was: Any solutions for a dull screen?)

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 06:10:03 PDT

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Steve Tedder wrote:

> If you reply to a 21-line message with one line, it bounces. If you
> reply to it with six or seven lines, it doesn't. It would be good to
> encourage shorter replies, not longer ones.

Actually, what we are trying to *dis*courage is over-quoting of messages
over and over again.

This was discussed quite a bit last month - if you weren't here then, I
encourage you to read the threads in the archives, starting here:

http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2002-07/1655.html
and:
http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2002-07/1745.html
and:
http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2002-07/1891.html
and here:
http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2002-08/0349.html

I'm always open to suggestions on how to run the list. I guess I'm what
you would call a benevolent dictator :)