[NTLK] programming q. - simple data collection?

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 10:33:43 PDT

I would like, if possible, to find or develop a very
simple text collector for the newton.

Basically I need to collect four to ten fields

Name, number, name, number, number year

I tried playing with appgen on a 2100 and got nowhere.

I do not even know how to get newton script to save
values in fields - i.e. I am a newtonscript newbie
luser.

I can get newtonscript to make an app, and even to get
it to make a field - but then I need to save the field
and be able to export the data, and also to make as
many "cards" as needed.

Why not just use notepad? Because it is too easy to
forget things like "publisher", "year of publication",
"page number"... i.e. it is for a bibliography.

And the data must be exportable.

Ideas? All I need is a few fields and labels. Maybe it
would be better done as stationery than as an app? But
I know even less about making stationery than making
apps. I tried playing with newtcard and am sort of
unimpressed - it acted very beta. I would prefer to do
this in newtonscript.

I have succesfully converted a colleague to the newton
- he could also use such a program, and others might
also find a bibliography program useful.

Ideas?

Thanking you in advance

Eric

=====
My Web sites:
http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm (law)
http://www.geocities.com/newtontechspecs (Newton)

Help! I need to buy a copy of code warrior pro version 4 (i.e. with pascal) for x86 work (nowhere on ebay germany)