Re: [NTLK] 10.2 and NCU

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 21:11:15 PDT

on 26/09/02 23:08, Diana Oakley at dianajoakley_at_highstream.net wrote:

> NCU and appletalk work fine with an ethernet connection to 9.1.3. When
> I try to use NCU on 10.2 through classic and try to turn on appletalk,
> I'm informed that "this is not supported by Classic." Any way around
> this? Anyway to get Classic to load faster? Can I access NCU through
> 10.2 and Classic?

Yes, it is definitely possible to access NCU from your Newton through 10.2
and Classic. If you haven't done so, I would recommend you download the
latest 10.2 update that will bring your install system software to version
10.2.1 as I think there were some issues with AppleTalk in Classic that were
fixed.

Try to reboot in OS 9 and turn on AppleTalk. Restart back in 10.2 and see if
that works. You cannot open the AppleTalk control panel in Classic. The
AppleTalk network is controlled by OS X, so, in the Network system
preference, make sure that AppleTalk is active for the location you're using
and all apps across Classic should be able to use it, including NCU.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown
even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a
bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous.
Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the
mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England)
`bozoish'.