Re: [NTLK] BackTalk Beaming Disabled

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 11:22:28 PDT

Scott wrote:
> I have BackTalk installed on my Newton, but I needed to beam=20
> a package to another Newton that didn't have BackTalk=20
> installed. So in the routing slip that came up for the beam,=20
> I unselected "ObEx", and the Newton immediately began looking=20
> for a receiver.
>=20
> The problem is I can no longer send BackTalk beams! =20
> Whenever I choose
> "Beam" from the routing menu, my Newton immediate begins=20
> looking for a receiver for a standard Newton beam instead of=20
> giving me the routing slip with the "ObEx" option.

        Go into In/Out box and open the beam preferences. Make sure the
When Beaming option is set to "Specify When". Ditto for the ObEx prefs.

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 39:
If I absolutely must ride into battle, I will certainly not ride at the
forefront of my Legions of Terror, nor will I seek out my opposite
number among his army.