[NTLK] Trying out the ATA driver with a Toshiba 5GB hard drive

From: Sean Luke (sean_at_cs.gmu.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 10:41:53 PDT

No, it didn't work. And I didn't expect it to. But it was fun trying!
  Went down to CompUSA and convinced them to let me insert the $400
Type-II 5V PCMCIA Toshiba 5GB hard drive (the same beast inside the
IPod I believe) into my Newton. Got back a -10579 error. Hey, the
thing draws 2W at 5V peak, so that's 400ma, which is about what the
wireless card draws. And I believe it's a real 16-bit PCMCIA, not a
32-bit CardBus, should it was plausible, no?

Sean, thinking: Newton IPod :-)