Re: [NTLK] Power adaptors....radio shack?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 10:14:08 PDT

on 9/29/02 12:36 PM, Darren De Silva at ddesilva_at_bellsouth.net wrote:
> Can't we just get something from Radio shack?
    You could, but you risk frying your Newt.

> What are the exact specs of the adaptor?
    AC in 100V-240V, 50-60Hz, 20-38VA
    DC out 7.5V, 1.2A

    But, unlike many other AC adapters, the 9W Newton adapter does not allow
the output to exceed what the Newton can take when it goes into the
fastCharge mode. Other adapters will give the Newton more that the specified
power when the Newt asks for it _ not a good thing.

Peter