Re: [NTLK] ATA CARDS/ADAPTERS -> What's Working?

From: TT Mooney (ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 10:44:17 PDT

i use a smartmedia 8mb card (a spare that was hanging around) with a
pcmcia adapter. it works fine until i try to switch out the card.

strangely enough, putting my ethernet card in the same slot after
pulling the memory adapter out fixes the problem. i think it has to
reset some sort of os card setting.

ttm

On Sunday, September 29, 2002, at 10:35 AM, Ashley Campbell wrote:

> I'm using a 32MB Memory Stick with PCMCIA adapter and it was working
> fine until I started getting a -10600 error.
>

> On Sunday, September 29, 2002, at 01:07 PM, Peter Cameron wrote:
>

>> on 9/29/02 11:58 AM, [bri cors] at bri_at_nerdtech.com wrote:
>>> Just curious as to what kinds of media and adapters that people are
>>> using
>>> with Paul Guyot's ATA drivers, and what is working [and what is not
>>> working] for them...
>> I've tried the demo with a SanDisk 16MB CF card and SanDisk
>> adapter.
>> Seems to work fine.
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> --
>> Read the List FAQ/Etiquette: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
>> Read the Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
>>

> --
> Read the Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

******
"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except
genius." --Oscar Wilde