Re: [NTLK] Rebuilds: eMate batteries and MacPortables batteries

From: Matthew Reidsrow (junkmail_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 10:24:22 PST

My local BP just rebuilt my MP2k battery, but I am still having runtime
issues with it. When I first got my 2k, the battery would not need
recharging for a few weeks. It slowly bagn its demise, and eventually needed
charging every night. So, off to Batteries Plus Holland, MI it went. They
rebuilt it (one of the employees was turned on to the Newton by myself and
bought a MP2100) with new cells which seemed a bit bigger and more difficult
to fit into the case. Nonetheless, they got them in and primed, and the pack
was returned to me. But the voltage readings were never as high as they were
with my ailing pack, and I still need to recharge it every night or two (I
use an ethernet card and a modem on and off during the day, but even without
those installed the batteries go quickly).

 So, on the one hand, they have rebuilt and custom built tons of batteries
for me (Including a project to put a NiCd pack in a PB100
(http://www.reidsrow.com/pb100.html) and I have never had a problem. But, 2
days is not acceptable for a Newton battery...

-msr

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html