Re: [NTLK] Soybo

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 04:01:11 PST

People here do have, and do use the VGA out card and software to play
powerpoint presentations from the Newton. (I'd like to do that but they
are pretty much unobtainable, if someone is tired of theirs send me an
email off-list).

And I'll submit, about powerpoint presentation sizes, most people using
powerpoint don't know (diddly/squat) about how to work with graphic images.
We make presentations all the time that are about 40 slides, with many
(about half of them) with full screen electron micrograph images, etc (not
bitmap crap is my point) and properly done the whole thing can fit ON A
FLOPPY (1.3meg or so). One of my presentations that has 15 seconds of
video footage in it, would easily fit on a 20 meg flash card. Yet people
come in with 40 and 50 meg presentations that have just 5 or 10 images in
them. .sigh. And then wonder why they don't display right every time.

But I'll grant you, you don't sound like YOU need this toy^H^H^H TOOL
Soybo is a neat TOOL that's it :) (I tell my wife that all these things are
useful TOOLS, I just happen to have fun with them).

But others may certainly have a use!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html