Re: [NTLK] Help with NoteThing

From: Miky Vacik (mici_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 11:03:06 PST

On Thursday, Apr 3, 2003, at 10:27 US/Pacific,
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> I'm still searching for a way to register NoteThing. It's still
> available on
> Kagi, however the website for the app is 404. Can't find the
> developer, Marc
> White, either. ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD RECEIVE MY UNDYING GRATITUDE and
> lots of
> useful Newton software...

i tried to register NoteThing/hunt down the developer for years too --
with no luck. long after that i figured out that NoteThing patches
itself to expire after the evaluation period. so:

1) install fresh demo version
2) make first connection & quit
3) lock the application (cmd+i in Finder, check the "Locked" box)

that will do. eventually, i got tired of reminder view popping upon
every launch, so i ventured to hack the app and got rid of the
expiration completely. please email me offlist, if you want patch for
demo v2.0.2. can't really imagine complete Newton experience without
NoteThing - let's hope DCL Group effort will lead to similar
functionality under OS X ;)

--
Michael Vacik
mici_at_mac.com