Re: [NTLK] ? about wi-fi networking and the newton

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 12:43:20 PST

On donderdag, apr 3, 2003, at 22:27 Europe/Amsterdam, Martin Joseph
wrote:

>> Would it work if the mac was sleeping?
> I think so, although it must disable deep sleep I guess?

I thought there was a setting somewhere to make the computer wake up
for network access...

>> Would that be over Appletalk, Rendesvous, TCP/IP? Is there an
>> explanation of how to do that anywheres?
> TCP/IP, you go to the System Preferences/Sharing/Internet and enable=20
> sharing of you airinternet connection over airport.

But setting up the G4 as a Software Base Station (the option is in the
Airport software) I'm pretty sure you can use AppleTalk as well, though
I'm still getting the hang of all the networking related stuff as well,
so don't take my word for it...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html