Re: [NTLK] Calling All Road Warriors

From: Anthony Velasco (ecotone_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 17:52:10 PST

I'm almost there, I use my MP2000U for scheduling, meeting notes, alarm
clock for the hotel room or tent (if a remote trip...then email is out
unless I can hook into the satphone), personal email - can't use it for
accessing our Lotus Notes servers for work email though, so I'm still
stuck carrying a laptop for some trips where business email is critical.
I'm also connecting to several types of environmental dataloggers and
must use a laptop because I haven't prioritized setting up the
EETransfer scripts...too wildly busy to dedicate the time. I have GPS on
my wishlist, but haven't seen/heard of anything but homebrews for the
Newton; since the newer GPS units are so small and light, right now I'd
rather carry one of these than spend the time setting up the MessagePad.

In the near future, I hope to be posting some photos to Newtons Around
the World...and show y'all a well traveled Newton that works hard in the
desert southwest.

  Anthony Velasco, USFWS-Ecologist/ecotoxicologist
             ecotone_tv_at_hotmail.com
This Newt's trekking through cactusland and lov'n it!
Managing Sales and Licensing for Newton Software at:
 http://www.thisoldnewt.com/~tactilesales/index.html
or  http://www.tactile.com - Tactile Systems, Inc.
Contact me via the above E-mail for more information