Re: [NTLK] prelimbinaries problems - more info

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 19:27:38 PDT

Hi Jeff:

I'm not following this thread but I had the same activation problems a=20=

couple of days ago and found that it seems to be related with=20
AppleTalk/Delivery.

Paul and Laurent helped me through the solution. Paul Guyot technically=20=

described the problem but it was really very far ahead of my=20
programming knowledge.

What I did:

1. I configured NCU under MacOS9 and installed the DCL TCP/IP package=20
in the Newton.
2. Return to Jaguar and ran Delivery (using TCP/IP - Rendezvous).
3. Run the TCP/IP package installed in Newton - informed the IP of the=20=

machine which was running Delivery (I use a DHCP server).
4. Connected and was able to install packages.

Hope this helps.

--lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html