Re: [NTLK] Soldering the Interconnect Port

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 23:08:43 PDT

NO! NO! NO!

It is NOT METALLIC GLUE, it is solder tin.
If the contact pin solder points still look good and only the connector
housing is loose, then SOLDER the housing back by first holding (slightly
pressing) it into the right position and then carefully heat up the logic
board from the bottom near to that mysterious metallic paste on both sides.
You will see after a short while that your paste becomes liquid and that is
high time to remove the soldering tool.
After the solder has cooled down you can release the connector housing and
check if it is in th ecorrect position.
Same procedure then for the other point and your NIC port will be nicely
fixed back in position.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html