Re: [NTLK] How do you use your Newton?

From: E. Male (mrramsay_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 09:18:18 PDT

Ok, I'll bite.

I use my MP2000UG in the following ways, pretty basic:

* Notes: Jotting down upcoming CD purchases, a few stealth recordings here
and there (heh), my webdesign business plan outline, meeting notes,
Speech-To-Text (Fred!, lotsa fun), daily work load, listing of NASA space
mission descriptions, etc

*modPlayer: for the occasionally nifty mod

*Recording studio management: I have an app that logs useful particulars for
a recording session... pretty cool

*Dates: the usual (using the built-in app along with DateSum

*To Do: the usual

*Works: more formatted writing and Excel use

*X-Port 2.1: my data transfer app of choice

*Megahertz XJAEM3336 Ethernet modem: faxing, ethernet connectivity

*For more fun: talking alarms, etc.

The coolness factor rules, people are still amazed and attracted to it. I
guess my three favorite things about it are the bright green backlighting(
great for reading at night), screen size, and most of all, handwriting
recognition!!!

I would love to do two things: NPDS and go wireless....thanks to all who
have provided info along the way.

Doug

Newtonium62-The Newton Messagepad Nanospace
http://www.geocities.com/newtonium62

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html