Re: [NTLK] Silver Lucent w/dhcp problems

From: Ao Loo (ao_at_total.net)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 03:49:28 PDT

Andrew:

Your email made me try a Lucent Gold card after I had no luck with my
Silver and it worked!

Here is my situation:

We had a DSL line installed at work and I bought an Apple Airport
Extreme base station to add wireless
capability. I put in all the appropriate settings and nothing happened
using my Silver card. I kept
getting the same message you got about not getting a dhcp connection and
found it frustrating. Since
sending mail is with another SMTP server than the one where my personal
mail is received from, I thought,
at first, that was where the problem was.

Getting back to the situation this afternoon, and trying the Gold
card, everything worked from the
get-go. I sent mail through the new DSL SMTP server. I received mail
via my usual POP server. I surfed.
I keep different set-ups on different Newts, so I was able to confirm
the Gold to work with Lunasuite
SMTP and POP, enRoute SMTP and POP, Lunasuite Http and Nethopper
Http. I have not tried Simple mail or
Newtscape yet.

I have used the Silver in a local WiFi public trial, so I am not sure
why the Silver did not work in this
situation. Since the Base Station is mine to set-up as I please, it
was running without passwords or
WEP. I will be trying combinations of WEP and passwords so that
access can be given to those worthy of
it.

Ao

> Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 00:43:36 -0400
> From: Andrew Diller <dillera_at_sudanacid.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Silver Lucent w/ dhcp problems
>
> OK, I'm glad it works for others.
>
> The only thing I can say is that, on a fresh newt, with nie2 and
Hiroshi's

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html