[NTLK] New Wireless Base Station

From: George Bingham (george.bingham_at_newted.net)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 14:51:00 PDT

Hello again everyone,

I just got home with my rew D-Link wireless router, set it up, and connected via my Newton using it's Orinoco Silver card.

Now my problem is that the signal sucks! I can't even go to the next room and connect up!

Is this what One should expect with the current state of 802.11b? Do others with a similar setup have repeaters all over their house?

One clue might be that this package appeared to be open and what doc their is is very minimal and Only addresses setting the router up & Connecting it to your cable /DSL modem, it doesnt even go into how to use it wirelessly. So maybe I'm Missing Something basic to improve signal strength. (Oh-yea,I did figure you had to screw in the antenna, there's two of them.)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

George

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html