Re: [NTLK] MP120 Batteries (again)

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 23:54:36 PDT

I thought that I aswered your question once, but ok.

If you do not have a multimeter, you probably should go for a set of new AA
NiCd rechargeables.
If you remove the cover of the old battery pack carefully, you can just
reuse it for the new batteries.
You can also put something under the batteries within the Newt in order to
hold the little button switch down while the batterioes are in. Thus your
Newt will recognise the batterioes as rechargeables and you will be able to
charge them inside the Newt.
Using the Newt in the charging station make sure that the contacts between
Newt and charging station are pretty nice and clean.
You can do the same trick with holding down the button in the charging
station in order to get your single cells charged.

HTH
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html